Want to put a live video of your worship service from Facebook on your website? This will show you how.
Please note that we do not recommend using this tool as a long-term solution for embedding your live stream. (It works great for videos that have already been published!) You might have to update the link after actually going live on Sunday Morning. You might see an error "Video Unavailable" or “This video can't be embedded because it may contain content owned by someone else," and the embed just won't work. There can be intermittent issues while the video is live - sometimes these can be fixed by just refreshing the page. Unfortunately, we have no control over what Facebook does with your video embed, and since they do not offer good documentation or support, it's very difficult to "fix" or troubleshoot anything.
- Open up your live stream in the Facebook editor.
- Make sure that it's public.
- Start your live feed.
- Click on the three little buttons and click on Embed.
- Copy the URL from the embed code.
- Create a new page/post or edit a current on on your website.
- Go to the main editor.
- Click on Add Media.
- Click on Facebook Video.
- Paste in the link that you copied from the Facebook embed code.
- Edit the width and any other settings as needed.
- Click on "Insert Facebook Video," which drops in a short code.
- Publish/Update the page.